Captain Jacks tremendously popular family of Dead Bug Brew Spinosad products gets only better with this exclusive, ready-to-use dust formulation. Convenient, economical, and perfect for vegetable or flower garden spot treatment.
Captain Jack’s DEADBUG Brew® contains Spinosad “spinOH-sid”. Spinosad is derived from a naturally occurring soil dwelling bacterium that was collected from an abandoned rum distillery on a Caribbean island in 1982. This unique bacterium was defined as a new species when it was discovered and it has never been found in nature anywhere else in the world. Since being discovered, Spinosad has become a leading pesticide used by agriculture world wide in the production of organic produce.
For control of foliage feeding worms (caterpillars), thrips and other listed pests in:
- fruiting vegetables, such as tomato, pepper, okra and eggplant
- cucurbits, such as cantaloupe and honeydew
- cole crops (brassica), such as broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower
- leafy vegetables, such as lettuce, spinach and celery
- tuberous vegetables, such as potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams, jerusalem artichoke, chinese artichoke and cassava
- stone fruits, such as peaches, plums, cherries, nectarines, prunes and apricots
- apple and other pome fruits, such as pears, crabapples, mayhaw and quince
- bushberries and caneberries, such as blueberry, blackberry and raspberry
This insect control product is intended for control of worms (caterpillars) and other listed insects. This product does not significantly impact predatory beneficial insects, predatory mites, and spiders while controlling target pests. Susceptible insect pests may be observed on plants up to several hours after treatment, but will have ceased active feeding before being killed.
How to Apply
Make a thorough and complete application (a thin, uniform film) to both the tops and undersides of leaves. Apply when wind is very light or absent, usually early morning or evening will prevent drift and loss of product to adjacent areas. One pound will cover approximately 1,000 sq. ft. Shake to fluff powder. This container is a dust applicator. Shake over plants to be treated or crush the sides of the canister in and rapidly squeeze and release in order to get a bellows dusting effect.