1 Pint Concentrate (makes between 32-96 gallons of spray)
- Biofungicide and Bactericide
- For control of plant diseases
- Can be used as a foliar spray or soil drench
- OMRI listed for Organic Gardening
MONTEREY COMPLETE DISEASE CONTROL is a broad-spectrum preventative biofungicide/bactericide for control or suppression of fungal and bacterial plant diseases. The active ingredient is a naturally occurring strain (D747) of the beneficial bacterium Bacillus amyloliquefaciens. MONTEREY COMPLETE DISEASE CONTROL also colonizes plant root hairs, preventing establishment of disease-causing fungi and bacteria.
For most tree applications the mixing ratio (depending on the disease being controlled) ranges between 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoons of the concentrate per gallon of water. 1 pint concentrate therefore makes between 5 and 16 gallons of sprayable mix.
The products is mixed with water and applied as a spray to fruit and foliage, or as a drench to plant roots.
Application Rates and Methods:
Spray application for control of powdery mildews, leaf spots, anthracnose, gray mold, and other diseases affecting leaves, flowers, fruit, and other above-ground plant parts of home garden plants: Mix 1 teaspoon of MONTEREY COMPLETE DISEASE CONTROL per gallon of water and apply directly to plants using a hand pump sprayer or other suitable spray equipment. Spray just enough to wet all leaves and fruit with minimal run-off or dripping. Total coverage depends on the size of plants to be sprayed and the
type of sprayer used. Repeat as needed to maintain disease control, typically every 7-10 days. If disease is prevalent or environmental conditions such as high humidity favor disease outbreak, increase the mixing rate to 1 tablespoon per gallon and shorten the interval between sprays to every 3-7 days.
Drench application for control of diseases affecting plant roots, tubers, or other parts of plants in contact with soil in the home garden: Mix 1 teaspoon of MONTEREY COMPLETE DISEASE CONTROL per gallon of water and apply to the soil by one of the following methods:
- For potted plants (indoors or outdoors), apply in sufficient water to wet the entire root mass using a watering can or tank-fed watering wand. Do not water plants again until 24 hours after application. Alternatively, use a hand-pump or other sprayer to spray the mixture on the soil surface in each pot, then immediately apply sufficient water to move the product into the roots.
- Drench the roots of transplants with approx. 4 fluid ounces of the mixture immediately before transplanting into pots or garden soil. Allow to soak into the root ball before transplanting.
- For outdoor-grown plants, use a watering can or sprayer to drench the soil in the planting furrow or transplant hole immediately before planting or transplanting. The amount of water required will depend on the size of the hole or length of furrow.
- Alternatively, apply in the first watering after planting or transplanting, either by mixing directly into the water at the rate indicated above, or by spraying onto the soil surface at the base of each plant and immediately watering in with a watering can, hose, sprinkler, or other watering device.
MONTEREY COMPLETE DISEASE CONTROL can be applied up to and including the day of harvest.
For application to lawns and other grass areas: Mix 1 teaspoon of MONTEREY COMPLETE DISEASE CONTROL per gallon of water and apply as a fine spray to the surface of the lawn or grass area. Total amount of mix required will depend on the type of sprayer used and area to be covered, but typically 2 to 5 gallons of spray mix may be required per 1,000 square feet of lawn. MONTEREY COMPLETE DISEASE CONTROL can be “watered in” for control of soilborne root and crown diseases by thorough watering immediately after application either with sprinklers or by spraying just before or during light rain.