- Moles and gophers are chased away unharmed
- One spike covers up to 7,500 sq ft
- Sonic pulses emitted every 30 seconds
- Operates in a circular pattern, approximately 95 ft in diameter
- Battery operated unit requires 3 "D" batteries (not included) per spike
Safely send moles and gophers scurrying from your yard unharmed with this Victor Sonic Spike. When placed in the ground and activated, sonic pulses penetrate the soil, emitting a sound which is highly irritating to moles and gophers who are virtually blind and overly sensitive to sound and vibrations. Climate permitting, leave the sonic mole and gopher repellent in the ground to repel new generations of pests.
Removable Battery Sleeve
The mole and gopher sonic spike is designed with a convenient removable battery sleeve for trouble-free battery replacement. A Spike will work for 4 – 6 months on one set of alkaline batteries*. Spike must be used continuously for 7-14 days before moles and gophers start to move away from the area.
How to Use
Be sure to insert the Spike into the soil so that the cap is flush with the ground to avoid tripping hazards and the chance of hitting it with a lawnmower. Effectiveness depends largely upon soil type: dry, sandy or peat soil does not conduct the sonic waves easily. Moist clay is the best conductor of sound. To use, follow these steps:
- To open, unscrew YELLOW cap counter-clockwise.
- Remove battery cartridge and insert batteries. Re-insert the battery cartridge into the Spike. If installation is correct, you will hear vibrating sound within 15 seconds.
- Tighten the cap securely to keep moisture out.
- Make pilot holes prior to inserting the spikes. Do not hammer it into the ground, as this could cause damage.
- Insert Spike until the cap is flush with the ground. Above the ground, it could be a tripping hazard. Remember where the Spike is located so it may be removed for battery replacement.
- Remove Sonic Spike during flooding and before ground freezes.